For the purposes of this Policy, please note that:
a) “Bridge Resourcing” refers to Bridge Resourcing Pte Ltd and its related corporations and their respective officers, servants or agents whether situated in or outside of Singapore
b) “We / Our / Ours / Us” refers to Bridge Resourcing
c) This Policy only applies to individuals, not corporate entities
Personal Data in this Policy includes any data about an individual who can be identified from that data such as the individual’s name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, their contact details, work experience, qualifications, aptitude test results, opinions about work performance (eg references), incidents at the workplace, and other information obtained or received by us in connection with candidates’ possible and actual work placements.
How we collect your Personal Data
- Bridge Resourcing may collect or receive Personal Data when:
a. A candidate completes an application form whether in writing or online and/or provides Personal Data (such as a CV or resume) in the course of applying for a job position or opportunity
b. We receive references about a candidate
c. We receive the results of any background check or medical check
d. We receive information about any disciplinary, complaint, criminal or litigious matter about a candidate
e. We receive any information about any workplace incident a candidate was involved in
f. We receive results of investigations or enquiries about a candidate from former employers, former colleagues, government or registration bodies, professional associations or educational institutions
g. A candidate provides, forwards or submits any additional information about themselves.
- Bridge Resourcing may also collect anonymous data about visitors to its website for statistical purposes. None of this data is Personal Data.
How we use your Personal Data
- We may collect, use and disclose Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
a. to establish your identity and background
b. to disclose as an intermediary to possible or actual employers
c. to assess your suitability for a role, job or placement
d. to identify further training opportunities for you
e. for any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information
f. to undertake criminal background checks
g. to verify the veracity of facts stated in your resume or CV, including academic results
h. to conduct reference checks
i. for our direct marketing and business development to you
j. for any assessment or test (including medical tests) which you might be required to undergo
k. for career guidance and management
l. for other internal business purposes to allow us to improve our services to you
m. to investigate any complaint or inquiry or disciplinary action you are involved in for the purposes of disclosure to possible or actual employers
n. other purposes which are reasonably related to the purposes above.
- Personal Data of Individuals is kept confidential. However to carry out the purposes listed above, Bridge Resourcing may share such Personal Data with its related corporations and entities whether in Singapore or elsewhere. When doing so, we require them to ensure that the Personal Data disclosed is kept confidential and secure.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
- We may disclose your Personal Data to:
a. Employers, potential employers, clients of Bridge Resourcing and related or trusted third parties
c. Our insurers
d. An professional association or body that has a legitimate interest in the disclosure of your Personal Data
e. The Central Provident Fund
f. External education or training providers to you
g. Employees, officers and agents of Bridge Resourcing located in Singapore, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, China and Australia to assist us in sourcing employment for you or providing our service to you
- We will otherwise treat your Personal Data as private and confidential and apart from the parties stated above, we will not disclose your data to any other party except:
a. where you have given permission
b. where we are required or permitted to do so by law
c. where required or authorised by any court order
d. where we are required to meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority
Security of Personal Data
- Bridge Resourcing takes breaches of privacy very seriously. Our employees are trained to handle the personal data securely and with utmost respect and confidentiality, failing which they may be subject to disciplinary action.
- We store Personal Data in secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records and take reasonable steps in the circumstances to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider information is no longer needed, we will delete all details that identify you and/or destroy all records of your Personal Data.
- We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure that your Personal Data is managed in accordance with this Policy, with the Personal Data Protection Act and other similar legislation in the countries in which we operate.
Accuracy of Personal Data
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data is up-to-date and accurate and recognise that contact details and other data may change frequently. Please keep us advised of any changes in your information by telephoning or emailing your consultant.
- If you wish to delete your Personal Data held with us, please contact our Data Protection Officer. Bridge Resourcing may retain certain information about you where required to do so by law.
Rights to access and correct Personal Data
- We can assist you to access and correct your Personal Data held by us.
- To make a request to access your Personal Data, or where you are of the opinion that such Personal Data held by us is inaccurate, incomplete or misleading, you will need to complete an application form which sets out what Personal Data you require and verifying your identity. Please contact our Data Protection Officer for the application form or further information about how to access your Personal Data.
- We will respond to your request within 30 days of receiving a duly completed written request and provide you with access to your Personal Data. If we cannot comply with your request within this timeframe, we will respond and let you know when we can. You should anticipate that it may take some time to process your application as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review it. There may also be a small fee but reasonable fee for the access request. Please discuss this with our Data Protection Officer.
- Please note that we may have to withhold access to your Personal Data in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity.
- You may request that we correct the Personal Data we hold about you if deem it to be inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information as soon as practicable and send the corrected personal information to other organisations in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012
- If you do not agree with this Policy, please DO NOT submit, provide or disclose any Personal Data to Bridge Resourcing.
- By disclosing Personal Data to us, continuing to engage us as a recruiter or providing us with instructions you are deemed to agree with this Policy and consent to the purposes in paragraph 3 above for which we collect and use your personal data.
Enquiries, requests and complaints
- For enquiries, requests and complaints regarding Personal Data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you may telephone us on any of the contact numbers listed on our website or send mail to: Bridge Resourcing Pte Ltd, 1 Raffles Tower, #44-02, Singapore 048616.